Thursday, March 5, 2015

Week #6 My Pursuit of Happiness: I Just Plagiarized Myself

Sadly, when I came in on Monday morning, Matt informed me that the incubator which housed my plants also was home to a microenvironment. What? Yeah, the microenvironment consisted of an air current in the back of the incubator which dried out two entire planters. Fortunately, I had already recorded most of my data for this stage of the project. Back to square one once we return from Spring break. Does this remind anyone of my plants dying in 2013 because a different incubator formed an ice block in the back? I will entertain all conspiracy theories.

Also, I discovered that I plagiarized someone's paper today and it took me all day to do it! Well, 20%, according to turnitin; 18% of which is from a student's paper in 2013. That very student was attending PC at the time. Okay, I admit it. It was my paper. Since I am taking my project and expanding upon it, like the Irish girls who won $50,000 and an all paid trip to the Galapagos Islands, the first portion of my abstract is the same. Although I didn't submit that project to Estrella Mountain, I wonder if the software will tell them that I plagiarized myself too? Once again a conspiracy; or is it the micromoon tonight?

*UPDATE* Matt also informed me that the student who expanded upon my project from another semester won second place at Estrella a couple of semesters ago. Conspiracy.

Quite possibly the cheesiest indie I have seen...but the moon nonetheless...


No comments:

Post a Comment