Thursday, October 9, 2014

Week #6 Crossing the Rubicon


Well, it's finally happening. With a little bit of inspiration from my mentors, the help of a fellow colleague and even the assistance of the Director's daughter, my project was launched into full effect. Originally Matt and I calculated around 2.5 hours for one round of tea swishing. We clearly underestimated the time involved in preparation, the actual work of the experiment and the cleanup. Below you will see a shot or two of my project in motion. We have censored the goofy ones; however, overall the day went well. I then put approximately 24 plates in the incubator. I checked on them this morning and we have growth. I am going to incubate the plates for 12 more hours and Matt is going to pull them tomorrow and put them in the refrigerator. On Monday, I should be able count CFU's and identify bacteria. I am looking forward to it. What I still don't understand is why Biker Scout and C3PO defend the bicycle as their primary form of transportation, when they should clearly be using the repulsorlift speeder bike. Further discussion is needed to clear up that issue; although a recent interview with the biker scout revealed that it's all about the parking available at PC; all of which is completely understandable. May the force be with you!

On my way to the incubator. Great shot of my super models and super helpers!

Round 8 of swabbing and plating. We were getting tired and giddy.

The Imperial Biker Scout's Speeder Bike
C3PO and Biker Scout defending their bicycle over their repulsorlift speeder bike.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 






No comments:

Post a Comment