Thursday, November 13, 2014

Week #11 Glycocalyces Would Be Great For These Slippery Slopes

I have never had a semester throughout all of my educational endeavors in which the due dates of all assignments, quizzes, exams, and papers all coincide with one another. It’s not really a matter of time management. I can handle that. I just can’t handle taking two or three tests on a given day or writing the two or three reports simultaneously; especially since most projects’ information is used as the project is completed.

Simply, I have never had to deal with something like this. Sure, I have fallen behind, but I have never had to pick and choose which assignments I finish. I am learning very quickly that sometimes you just have to let certain things go. Okay, I really haven’t learned that lesson at all and it’s driving me crazy. Okay, now that I am done ranting, let's get down to business.

Last week I left you hanging with my strep test. Well, although the strips were over eight years expired. I tested positive. Two of my fellow Stemmers had negative results. So, I guess no kissing booths for me. I also found a kit which tests for seven different types of strep. It would be great to continue but I have to get some more data for my current project. Today, I finished another round of testing. I calculated that one round takes about four hours; although, I am getting better with preparation and clean-up. Not a lot to report this week. Unfortunately, I have been out for most of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment